Hi, I am Dušan Nikolić, a PhD student in Linguistics at the University of Calgary under the supervision of Dr. Stephen Winters. I am a recipient of the prestigious Izaak-Walton Killam Award, University of Calgary International Eyes High Award, University of Calgary Open Doctoral Award, and Dositeja Award by Serbian Ministry of Education. I am the president of the UofC’s graduate student association, “A Higher Clause”, and a member of the UofC’s Phonetics Lab.
As for my non-academic activities, I was the host of the spoken word program – Linguistically Aware – which was broadcast once monthly on a local radio station, CJSW 90.9 FM. I am passionate about web-developing, and an ardent sports enthusiast and a huge fan of Partizan and Arsenal. I am a member of the Canadian Association of Slavists, the Canadian Linguistics Association, and the Linguistic Society of America.
Phonetics – Speech Perception:
• Native and non-native speakers’ perception of prosodic categories
• Exemplar, neural network, and ASR models of the perception of prosodic categories
Data analysis and modelling:
• Data analysis using Bayesian and Generalized Additive Models
• Cognitive models (e.g. cogmodels), Facebook’s Wav2Vec2, and Montreal Forced Aligner (MFA)
Online Experiment Design
• Test out the sample of my PhD dissertation experiment here.
2011 – 2015 BA in English Language and Literature – University of Niš
2015 – 2017 MA in English Language (with the focus on Linguistics) – University of Niš
2015 – 2016 MA in Language Teaching – University of Belgrade
2018 – 2023 PhD in Linguistics (Phonetics) – University of Calgary
University emails: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Visit also: calgarylinguistics.ca